Oakland County Personal Injury Attorney
Every day, millions of people all over the world are injured from all kinds of accidents. For a lucky few, the injuries from these accidents are not so severe and they are able to carry on with life as they knew it. But for some, these accidents could lead to mental trauma and severe injuries that completely alter the course of their lives.
Nobody should have to suffer so greatly due to the carelessness of others. If you have been injured due to the negligence of other people, you may be able to file for compensation.
You should speak to an experienced personal injury attorney for help. Recovering compensation in these cases is usually a tasking endeavor, and you will need every help you can get in order to succeed.
Our personal injury attorneys at Nachawati Law are highly knowledgeable and very skilled. We handle claimants in multiple personal injury cases in Michigan, and we know the best approach to recovering compensation in these cases.
This enables us to help our clients hold at-fault parties responsible and receive full compensation for injuries. Contact us to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with our attorneys today.
Reach out to us today at (248) 571-7003.
Filing a Personal Injury Claim in Oakland County
The first step to filing a personal injury claim is knowing what you are suing for. The most common cause of action is negligence. To show negligence, you have to prove that the defendant (person who caused your injuries) had a duty to exercise reasonable caution, breached that duty, you were harmed and your injuries were as a result of that breach. One of our attorneys can help you determine if you have a viable personal injury claim.
The second step to filing a personal injury claim is to draft a complaint and file it at your local court house. This complaint is a brief description of what happened and a request for compensation. An experienced attorney can help you provide an adequate description that is not too emotional or technical.
The third step is knowing when you can and cannot sue. There is a time limit placed on when you can file for personal injury. This time limit is called the statute of limitations and it begins to count down from the moment the accident occurs. If the period of time for your lawsuit runs out, your claim may be dismissed. You must usually file your claim within two years of the injury or risk having your claim barred.
The fourth step is having an idea of the amount of compensation you might receive. There are two types of compensation – economic and non-economic. Economic compensation is compensation that can easily be calculated into monetary value. They are medical expenses, future income, loss of property, funeral expenses (if applicable), and so on.
While non-economic compensation is more difficult to quantify. The most common non-economic compensation is pain and suffering. In most personal injury cases, there is no limit to the amount you can receive for pain and suffering.
If You Think You Need a Personal Injury Lawyer Your Probably Do
If your personal injury case is very minor and it is glaringly obvious who the at-fault party is, you may think you do not need a lawyer. In fact, there is no law requiring you to retain the services of an attorney. But personal injury cases can often become complicated.
If you do not have the necessary skill and expertise, you may feel overwhelmed and settle for less than you deserve. Don’t do this, hire a qualified personal injury attorney to fight passionately for you to get the compensation you deserve.
A qualified attorney can calculate and knows how much your case is should be worth. This knowledge and expertise also come with the ability to sniff out the at-fault parties and go head to head with stubborn insurance companies on your behalf.
Often, when accidents occur, the injuries are severe. At Nachawati Law, we want you to relax and focus on healing from your injuries while we fill out the paperwork and do all the leg work necessary to get you the compensation you deserve.
Types of Personal Injury Claims We Handle
There are several types of personal injury claims. All of them provide the necessary and legitimate grounds for you to receive compensation. One thing to note however is that no two personal injury cases are the same. This is because there will always be varying factors based on the people, events, and circumstances involved.
But they do have something in common and that is the need to hire a personal injury attorney in order to increase your chances of receiving compensation.
At Nachawati Law, our personal injury attorneys handle the following personal injury claims:
- Auto Accidents: This is one of the most common personal injury cases. Sadly, millions of people get injured every year in vehicle accidents. Sometimes these injuries lead to death or permanent deformation. If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident due to the careless actions of a driver, a manufacturer, or a pedestrian, you are entitled to monetary compensation for your injuries and other damages. Our attorney will help you through the process, protect your rights and get the compensation you deserve.
- Premises Liability: Slip and fall cases are a very common aspect of premises liability. Property owners, landlords, or tenants have a legal obligation to keep their premises reasonably safe and free from potential dangers. Or at the very least, sufficiently warn the general public of any hazardous conditions. Conditions like torn carpeting, lighting, missing handrails, and other defective or dangerous conditions can foster a premises liability claim. You need your personal injury attorney by your side on the journey to receiving compensation.
- Medical Malpractice: This type of claim usually arises when a medical professional has neglected their duty to treat each patient’s condition to the best of their ability. This can result in misdiagnosis, mistreatment, permanent disability, or even death. If a medical professional neglects this duty towards you, they can be proven negligent and you can file a medical malpractice claim.
- Workplace Accident: Personal injuries can occur in the workplace. These injuries can include chemical spills, hazardous work environments, and more. If you’re injured while working, you file a worker’s compensation to get compensation for your injuries. Filing a worker’s compensation is very rarely straightforward, you need an experienced personal injury attorney to help.
- Wrongful Death: Wrongful death refers to a type of lawsuit filed against someone who is responsible for the death of another person due to their negligence. Wrongful death can also occur when a person who has been injured due to the carelessness of others, dies from those injuries. No amount of compensation is worth a person’s life but fighting and winning gives some closure. Let our personal injury attorney fight for you.
Contact a Reliable Personal Injury Attorney
Do not allow the injuries you have suffered go without compensation. Contact our personal injury attorneys for help today. You may schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with our attorneys here. You can also call us on at (248) 571-7003.